I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a very happy new year!
I know for many of you who had Oxford interviews in December, it will have been a nerve-wracking time, waiting for the result.
On 9th January the waiting will finally be over but until then, let me share some top tips on pushing through the next week:
1. Try not to keep playing the interviews over and over in your head - unfortunately, there really is nothing you can do now, so this will only cause unnecessary stress!
2. Try not to be put off by what others around you are saying about their interviews - every interview is different, you really can't compare and it might just be that the person saying theirs went perfectly, didn't in reality...
3. Try not to feel pressure from family or relatives - 'you're clever, of course you'll get in' was a line that used to send me into panic mode - you are all, of course, very clever but getting into Oxford involves so many different factors
4. Remember that the interviews aren't the make or break - Oxford take into account your grades, personal statement, references, predicted grades, work submission and entrance exams when making their decision
5. Getting accepted or rejected from Oxford is not a comment on whether you are 'intelligent' enough - whatever you do, don't let it impact your own self-worth. There are so many amazing universities where you will no doubt flourish!
6. Remind yourself that whatever happens next, getting an Oxford interview really is a huge achievement and you should be so proud!
Wishing you all the best of luck and do feel free to get in touch with any questions!