If you've been offered a place at Oxford, the last thing you want to do is throw it down the drain but let me warn you it has happened...
Every year students miss their grades...don't let it be you!
Oxford have chosen you for a reason; they know you’re capable of achieving As and A*s in your A Levels, so don't let them down!
1. Don’t sit back and relax – You may have loads of modules in the bag and feel you can relax now as you only need a D in your final exam to meet your overall A requirement but that doesn't mean the hard work should stop. I know someone who ended up getting a B and missed their Oxford offer and trust me it didn’t feel good.
2. Start Early – At Oxford you’re going to need to be organised, so put in the practice now. Begin planning your revision and starting it early, so as not to be overwhelmed by stress when the exams come around.
3. Don’t give up – Yes revision can be boring but let the dream of Oxford carry you through the next few months. You’re going to have to get used to this sort of discipline to keep on top of the work-load once you arrive at uni.
4. Give yourself incentives – you can’t work 24/7 and never have a break. Give yourself something to look forward to, whether it be meeting a friend for a few hours in the evening or watching your favourite TV program. Everyone needs time to switch off!
5. It's not forever - whenever it gets too much think of the long summer you have ahead of you before uni begins. You've got months to have fun so put in the work now.