But Molly Archer-Zeff
Oxford is a great place to be during the Christmas period, the city is ideal for that Christmassy feeling! If you’re looking for a list of things to do in Oxford to make the most of the festive spirit below is a list of some of my favorites…
1) Oxmas Dinner- Check out the Christmas dinner in your college, it’s a great chance to gather all your friends together for an end of term catchup!
2) Christmas Light Spotting- Check out the Christmas trees around the Bod and also take a wander down Cornmarket towards the Westgate to see the Christmas lights.
3) The Christmas market- The cute little market full of wooden huts selling Christmassy gifts is a must-see. The smell of churros and mulled wine alongside the carol singing is a sure way to get you into the Christmas spirit.
4) Christmas market at the Botanical Gardens- Although for this one you have to pay a small sum for entry, the natural surroundings are the perfect setting for a Christmas market.
5) Blenheim Palace- If you have a free day grab your friends and hop on the bus on Magdalene Street to Blenheim Palace. There is a market, Christmas light show, and beautiful surroundings. A return bus ticket from Oxford only costs £5 and entry to the grounds is free!
6) Carols at the Sheldonian- This is one of my favourite events, it is really fun with a great atmosphere and always presents a thoughtful message for the Christmas season. Admission is free and you get a complimentary mince pie!
7) Ice Skating- Grab your friends and an extra pair of socks for a fun evening at the rink. Ice skating is a great activity to do with your friends at Christmas if you don’t mind getting a few bruises!
8) The Cinema- Head to one of the many cinemas in Oxford to watch a cheesy Christmas movie.
9) Although this winter we haven't yet been lucky, last year we got tons of snow in Oxford, so if this happens again (fingers crossed!) take a walk around Christ Church meadows, it's even more beautiful covered in snow.
10) Santa Dash- This was the highlight of my term; running around the pretty University Parks wearing a Santa suit is certainly a fun festive experience!