Tour of Oxford
Every corner you turn in the centre of Oxford leads to a beautiful new view but where are the must-see places if you're spending a day in the city?
Let me take you on a tour:
1. We'll start at the RadCam, the circular library in the centre of Radcliffe Square. It has really become a symbol of Oxford and when standing next to it, it's easy to forget you're living in 21st century.
2. Whilst in Radcliffe Square we might pop our head into All Souls, one of the most mysterious of the Oxford colleges, for post-grad students.
3. Then, if we're feeling adventurous, we'll climb up the stairs to the top of St Mary's Tower, for a panoramic view of the dreaming spires.
4. We'll have climbed a lot of stairs and be in need of a drink and a piece of cake by this point, so we'll head to the Vaults and Garden Cafe overlooking the square.
5. Then we'll walk over to the high-street for a mooch around the shops and head into the Covered Market, which is full of independent cafes and more unique shops.
6. I think now it's about time we went into one of the colleges to give you a sneak peek into student life. We'll walk down to Christ Church, one of the grandest Oxford colleges. It has its own cathedral and its hall inspired the Great Hall in Harry Potter.
7. We'll head up St Aldates towards Cornmarket Street and watch some of the novelty acts and enjoy the music by the buskers.
8. Then we'll turn the bend towards Broad Street. We might pop into Balliol or Trinity College and visit the Sheldonian Theatre where matriculation and graduation ceremonies are held.
9. Finally, we'll enter the quad of the Old Bod and maybe take a tour of the interior; The Duke Humphrey's Library and Divinity Schools are stunning.
Now it's probably time for another drink and some more food....
* There are lots of walking tours in Oxford, worth doing!
* Plan your visit to make the most of your time.
* For some interior visits, tickets can be bought in advance: https://www.ox.ac.uk/visitors/visiting-oxford/visiting-museums-libraries-places?wssl=1
#Oxford #OxfordUniversity #College #OxfordTour #University #Oxbridge