On Friday I was lucky enough to try out the Oxford Bus Company's new 'Pick Me Up' service and wow was I impressed!
So, how does it work?
Well, to me it seemed pretty much like an Uber for buses! You download the app, input your start and end location and a mini bus will be with you in around ten minutes.
All journyes cost £2.50 - I went from The Sheldonian Theatre to Worcester College which would usually be around £4 in a taxi!
Whereas normal buses take the set routes, the great thing about the service is it's flexibility which means passengers who might usually need to change buses at certain points in their journey, don't have to worry anymore.
For getting around Oxford, heading to the centre for events, heading out of the centre to the outskirts, for days when you've got loads of bags and shopping to carry or for evenings when a group of you are going out together, it really covers every eventuality!
Pick Me Up is:
* Simple to book - all done through an app.
*Accessible - wheel-chair and push-chair friendly.
* Convenient - you pick a virtual bus stop of your choice and it drops you off no further than 200m of your destination.
* Dependable - works 7 days a week, including bank holidays
* Friendly - my driver was super chatty and informative.
* Comfortable - the bus itself was really clean, comfy and has WiFi and USB charging points!
I'm a big fan of this new service and the best bit? You guys can check it out for FREE!
Download the app: https://pickmeup.oxfordbus.co.uk/app/
Use my FREE code: tilly3f5
Simply input this in the promotion code section when booking to claim one FREE journey on Pick Me Up!