Yes, it's nearly that time of year - your chance to see Oxford Uni through your own eyes, not just through the pics on my Insta!
So, what will the open days give you that Instagram might not...?
1. You'll be able to live & breathe Oxford
- All those stunning libraries, beautiful colleges, traditional halls & magnificent departments I post on Insta, well now you'll be able to walk amongst them, look around them, feel them and work out whether Oxford is for you!
2. You'll be able to ask questions
- Yes of course you can DM me but on the open days, there will be so many people from different parts of the Uni all ready to answer any questions you may have, from students,to tutors, welfare staff, lecturers, department coordinators.
3. You can attend talks
- There are talks on everything from subjects, to colleges,libraries, Admissions, Admissions Tests, Careers Service, Continuing Education, Disability Advisory Service, Mature Students, Student Fees and Funding. Oxford SU - this is your chance to get as much info as possible!
4. You can visit the colleges
- Picking your college really isn't the be-all-and-end-all, as you might not even end up where you apply but this bit should be the fun part of the application process, deciding which one who can imagine calling home. So, wander around them and go with your gut feeling!
You by no means have to visit on the open days to apply but if you can get there, they are a great opportunity to decide whether or not to apply to Oxford Uni!
If you can't get there this time around, keep following @thatoxfordgirl on Insta for a tips on the application process, student life, the city - everything Oxford!